We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Louis (Port Louis, Mauritius)
- From old German "lods", illustrious, and "wig", fighter, "hlodwig" became Ludwig and in free Clovis, before turning into Louis.
- Eighteen kings of France took this name.
- The patron saint of the Louis, King Louis IX, better known as Saint Louis (1215-1270), was a model of charity and courage. He died on a crusade in Tunis, in 1270. For the anecdote, the "louis" of gold owes its name to King Louis XIII who had struck a coin to his effigy and Louisiana, former French possession in the United States, was so called in honor of Louis XIV.
- His birthday: August 25th.
- Its derivatives: Alois, Clovis, Gino, Lewis, Lloyd, Louie, Ludwig, Luigi, Luis, Luiz ...