We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Republican principles of neutrality and secularism have finally won. On Monday, the industrial tribunal of Mantes-la-Jolie validated the dismissal for "serious misconduct and insubordination characterized" of the veiled employee of the nursery association Baby Loup. (News of 16/12/10)
Recall of facts
- In December 2008When she returns from parental leave, an employee of the Baby Loup crèche demands to be able to wear the veil.
- Management reminds him of the rules of procedure which prohibits the wearing of religious insignia in the name of the principle of confessional, philosophical and political neutrality.
- The employee refuses to let go of his veil. She is laid off and dismissed for serious misconduct.
- She assigns the nursery in court for unfair dismissal and claims 80 000 € in damages.
A case that provokes a lively stir
- The former employee seizes the High Authority of struggle against discrimination and for equality, the Halde, which gives him reason on the principle of religious freedom.
- Baby Loup crib receives, in the name of the Republican principle of secularism, the support of many personalities, including Elisabeth Badinter.
- December 13, 2010, the labor tribunal of Mantes-la-Jolie decided in favor of secularism. He dismissed the former employee and confirmed her dismissal for serious misconduct.
You want to react, share your experience and questions about our 1-3 year Education Forum.