We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
First words, little stories ... as you learn language, you are the privileged interlocutor of your little one. And he is waiting for answers to progress. Here's how to help it from 1 to 3 years old.
Around 12-18 months: the progress of your little one
- Here are the first words with meaning! But no runaway, they are still approximate. In your baby's mouth, "goodbye" may turn into "ava". Four to five months later, he will have a small stock of vocabulary of about fifty terms. He can understand certain words outside of any context. Better, it makes the link between a word and an object. He understood the symbolism of language!
How to help?
- Reformulate sentences by correctly saying the terms if they have been distorted. You show him that he has been understood, which values him.
- Put hypotheses in a questioning tone if for you his message remains mysterious: "Do you want to say that daddy is gone?" He will be able to demonstrate if you are on the right track!
- Do not pick him up when he plays alone in his corner. Words are also used to build one's thinking.
From 18 months: the progress of your little one
- Now your child retains four to ten new words each day. He knows the names of animals, clothing, food, etc. He also starts to associate two terms, "mummy party", "lost teddy bear", to build mini-sentences. He proves that he has developed a system of memorization, now very powerful. Do not you dare tell him a story by making mistakes like "the boy". You will see him then manifest his astonishment, even his reprobation!
How to help?
- Diversify the vocabulary you use when talking to him. Rather than saying "a flower", why not use the right term: a rose, a poppy?
- Make whole sentences. Rather than: "Oh, a dog!", Tell him: "Look at this beautiful brown dog" or: "Have you seen this beautiful brown dog?" You thus familiarize him with the syntax: constructing a sentence correctly is also important than vocabulary acquisition.
- Enjoy your environment and your shared activities (shopping, walks ...) to name the objects and specify the vocabulary.
- Do not panic if he still does not speak very much. He understands you, it's essential! He may not just want to grow up. So, he delays the deadline by staying in the world of babies who do not speak! The situation can be unblocked in a few days and he will surprise you with everything he has acquired in silence. In the meantime, still check your hearing with an ENT and talk to him even more to create the desire!
LANGUAGE: ALL OUR ARTICLES