You have given birth recently and would like to return to the gym to find the line but do not know how to keep your baby? Opt for Kangatraining! Straight from Austria, this form of soft fitness, allows you to follow a gym class with your toddler worn in a sling or in a baby carrier.
Kangatraining, where does it come from?
- This form of mild fitness was invented two years ago by an Austrian mother, Nicole Pascher. This former dancer became a sports coach and teaches Kangatraining in Vienna, Austria. This activity is coming to France, but is also developing in Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
Who is Kangatraining for?
- This activity is perfect for improving cardiovascular endurance but also for developing muscle capacity. If you have just had a baby and you want to take an activity, it's ideal!
I just gave birth, when can I do Kangatraining?
- As for any activityyou must have done your perineal rehabilitation. Allow 6 to 8 weeks after vaginal delivery and 10-12 weeks after caesarean section. The coaches will ask you for a written agreement from your gynecologist or midwife.
How is a class going?
- The lesson start with a warm up with your baby in your arms. In a 2nd time, place to the exercises on the carpet: some are done with your child, and others, without him. He will stay next to you for a few minutes. Finally, fitness exercises begin to work the buttocks, thighs, abdominals and arms. Let's go !
I would like to participate but I'm not used to wearing my baby in a sling
- No problem. A portering workshop facilitated by a porter is held half an hour before each lesson begins. It will ensure that your baby is well installed: it must be supported, frog position, the back slightly rounded. His legs should be well bent and slightly apart and his buttocks should be lower than the knees. If you do not have a baby carrier, you can rent one on site.
Where are the classes held?
- For the moment, only in the Pyrénées-Orientales, Perpignan (Friday and Saturday) and Argelès-sur-Mer (Monday and Thursday) and probably soon in Orléans. For more info, www.kangatraining.com/
- Prices : 1st free discovery session. Without commitment: 12 € / session. Package 8 classes: 72 €
Find also our gym videos after baby.